[O] bug#18870: \emsp and alignment in org clock report

From: Ben Finney
Subject: [O] bug#18870: \emsp and alignment in org clock report
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:49:27 +1100

On 17-Mar-2015, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Also, the bug is about table alignment when `org-pretty-entities' is
> used.

Okay. So if I'm reporting a regression in the text (non-GUI) Emacs
behaviour of Org mode, I should make a separate report?

> > So the U+2003 EM SPACE character should be translated *during
> > export*, and not be literally in the displayed text.
>
> No, because it means this character should be treated specially by
> Org (e.g., LaTeX just ignores it so it needs to be turned into a
> space there).

That conflicts with what you're saying later:

> > But not for display, which is the bug to be fixed here.
>
> Actually, it works more or less correctly for display on GUI with a
> non-nil `org-pretty-entities', or calling
> `org-toggle-pretty-entities'.

So the behaviour is masked by special behaviour of “entities”. Why is
that special behaviour acceptable, but allowing export of U+2003 is not?

On 22-Mar-2015, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> This should now be fixed. The markup used is more readable and
> doesn't alter table alignment.

Is that true for text-only terminals too?

--
 \       “See, in my line of work you gotta keep repeating things over |
  `\       and over and over again, for the truth to sink in; to kinda |