Re: [O] [OT] A short (less than a minute), informal survey about LaTeX

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] [OT] A short (less than a minute), informal survey about LaTeX
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 09:19:00 -0700

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. Did you know about the savetrees package by Scott Pakin
> (http://www.ctan.org/pkg/savetrees)?  From the description:

Only vaguely.

> 2. Would you find it useful when producing PDF files other that
> scientific articles (using Org-mode or not)?

Yes.  I often produce PDFs from Org of things like lecture notes,
handouts, etc. where it is more important to get more infomation onto
fewer pages than to have publication-quality output.  (Normally, I do
this with \usepackage[margin=1in]{geometry}.)

(However, I just tried to build one of my handouts with the savetrees
package, and was unsuccessful.  I didn't do anything besides loading
savetrees instead of geometry.  Is savetrees incompatible with other
packages Org loads by default?)

Best,
Richard