Re: [O] statistical operations with org-mode?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] statistical operations with org-mode?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 16:51:03 -0400

Jude DaShiell <address@hidden> writes:

> After having read through the org-mode info on spreadsheets several
> times and having also read through the calc info a few times I have
> not ben able to get pstdev() to produce anything but errors.  Having
> checked over the data in a table, I found a couple instances where
> data values were missing so I expect this could account for the errors
> by itself.  In column 3 I put the formula =pstdev(@<..@>) and also
> tried with =pstdev($3).  What is the correct syntax?  I wasn't sure
> which if any would work after having done all of that reading.

AFAIK, the sample standard deviation calc function for a vector is called vsdev
and the population standard deviation is called vpsdev.

Here is an example of calling them (as well as the vmean and vmedian
functions):

* Calculate stats on a column

| seqno |      value |            |
|-------+------------+------------|