Re: [O] [ox, patch] #+SUBTITLE

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [ox, patch] #+SUBTITLE
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 09:39:44 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

>> Do you mean KEYWORD and DESCRIPTION should also belong to category 1?
>> I'm not against it, but then, back-ends are required to support them
>> whenever possible.
>
> At the moment they are.  They lack ascii support, but at least keywords
> should be supported in ascii eventually IMO (but that's another thread).
>
> So I would keep them.  The documentation explicitly states which backend
> these keywords are supported by.

OK. Then DESCRIPTION and KEYWORD stay in "ox.el", and documented in
"Export settings". You need to revert your patch about it.

We will have to take care about support for missing back-ends. E.g.,
ASCII could treat DESCRIPTION as a quote box just below title.

>>> We could add a subsection with "text document properties" which are
>>> keywords that are supported by the set: {ox-html, ox-ascii, ox-odt,
>>> ox-latex}.  These would be sort of 1½ class citizens.
>>
>> I don't want to create a third category (à la
>> `org-element-document-properties', which I'm trying to remove).
>
> This category would not exists in the code.  It would simply be a
> classification that exists in the manual.  I would be a hack to not
> maintain "no. of backend that support SOME_KEYWORD" different places to
> maintain documentation for SOME_KEYWORD.

I don't think it is needed. Such "text document properties" are de facto
members of category 1 anyway.

Regards,