Re: [O] Bug: Proposed new version of ob-C.el [8.3beta (release_8.3beta-9

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Proposed new version of ob-C.el [8.3beta (release_8.3beta-944-g830cf3 @ /Users/snapp/.emacs.d/vendor/org/)]
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:39:12 -0400

Thierry Banel <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Robert
>
> Those #includes were a proposal I did long ago.
> The purpose was to make short scripts even shorter with default
> #includes that everybody uses.
>
> Your use-case is worth considering.
> If this cause trouble, it is easy to remove the includes.
>
> To keep existing scripts working, an :includes parameter would be
> required, like this:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC C++ :includes <string.h> <stdio.h><stdlib.h>
>   // C++ script
> #+END_SRC
>
> Does everyone agree with this change?

IMO, it would be better than the current situation, but I wonder if
it makes sense to have a global default setting containing the
three files, but one which the user can customize; any :includes
parameters would augment the default.

That would satisfy the OP's requirements, but would also allow for
a shorter #+BEGIN_SRC line.

Nick