Re: [O] Bug: Proposed new version of ob-C.el [8.3beta (release_8.3beta-9

From: Thierry Banel
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Proposed new version of ob-C.el [8.3beta (release_8.3beta-944-g830cf3 @ /Users/snapp/.emacs.d/vendor/org/)]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 21:52:58 +0200

Le 31/03/2015 12:07, Nicolas Goaziou a écrit :

>> IMO, it would be better than the current situation, but I wonder if
>> it makes sense to have a global default setting containing the
>> three files, but one which the user can customize; any :includes
>> parameters would augment the default.
>>
>> That would satisfy the OP's requirements, but would also allow for
>> a shorter #+BEGIN_SRC line.
> I think this suggestion makes sense. While you're at it, would you mind
> implementing it?

Well, actually the global default setting feature may already be available
  1) through properties in drawers
  2) through the org-babel-default-header-args global variable

* Property in drawer
  :PROPERTIES:
  :includes: <stdio.h> <myheader.h>
  :END:
Any C++ babel block below this tree will inherit the <stdio.h> and
<myheader.h>#includes

* The org-babel-default-header-argsvariable
This variable holds global defaults. For C++ do something like that:
(add-to-list 'org-babel-default-header-args '(:includes  "<stdio.h>"
"<myheader.h>"))
Any babel C++ block anywhere will inherit from the global variable.

Nick, are those the kinds of settings you were thinking about?
The "augment" feature may be missing though:
local :includes overwrite global ones.

Thierry