Re: [O] Possible bug: Can not search for text in links - only descriptio

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] Possible bug: Can not search for text in links - only description
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 13:07:15 -0700

hi ken,

that's right, my point was that perhaps it is relevant, not that one
would set the variable.

for example, perhaps there is a way that timestamps can have an
invisible property and thus be subject to this variable.

of course, it might not be possible, if timestamps do not use
overlays, but it might inspire a more general fix.

samuel

On 3/31/15, Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2015-03-20 at 13:53, Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:
>> hmm:
>>
>> ===
>> search-invisible is a variable defined in `isearch.el'.
>> Its value is open
>>
>> Documentation:
>> If t incremental search/query-replace can match hidden text.
>> A nil value means don't match invisible text.
>> When the value is `open', if the text matched is made invisible by
>> an overlay having an `invisible' property and that overlay has a property
>> `isearch-open-invisible', then incremental search will show the contents.
>> (This applies when using `outline.el' and `hideshow.el'.)
>> ===
>

> Note that setting search-invisible to t means that collapsed segments no
> longer expand.
>
>   -k.

Ramsay's disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  And
ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.