Re: [O] INCLUDE heading

From: Joon Ro
Subject: Re: [O] INCLUDE heading
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 18:44:19 +0000 (UTC)

Rob Richmond <robbyr <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> I use org-mode to write both papers and slides. The code to generate tables
and figures is placed in source blocks. Most of the time I use the same
tables in my slides as in my papers, but a lot of preprocessing code is
needed to generate the tables. I'd like to put the generation of these tables
in its own org-mode file and just be able to include certain headings in the
paper or slide document. For example, I would have an org-mode document
called mytables.org:
>     * Heading 1
>     ** Regressions
>     #+BEGIN_SRC R
>     cat("hello world")
>     #+END_SRC R
>     * Heading 2
>
> And another document mypaper.org:
>     * Section 1
>     #+INCLUDE: "mytables.org" :heading "Heading 1/Regressions"
>     * Section 2
> The content from below the ** Regression headline in mytables.org would be
included on export in mypaper.org. It would also be great to be able to
follow the INCLUDE to the file with C-c '. Org provides some facilities for
these includes, but does not allow for headings (
http://orgmode.org/manual/Include-files.html ). Obviously org does not have
the :heading parameter, but any suggestions for a solution to make this work
are greatly appreciated. It looks like org-export-expand-include-keyword is
doing a lot of the magic of including the files, but I'm not sure where to go
from there.

I would love to have this feature (include only a subtree from another org
file) as well.