Re: [O] org-cite and org-citeproc

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] org-cite and org-citeproc
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 08:26:38 -0700

Hi Rasmus,

Thanks, this is helpful.  I will try to fix these things soon.

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

>> Hmm.  But the citations are all just represented as <text:p>
>> nodes...surely that doesn't have to be defined elsewhere?
>
> You are right.  Also, oolatex inserts citations as plain text as well.  As
> I recall, it can be done "semantically" and section 6.3 of the odt
> standard suggest that this may be true, but it's not immediately obvious
> how to do it.
>
>> I am now guessing that the problem is that you can't have one <text:p>
>> inside another.  Each paragraph is wrapped in a <text:p>, but so are the
>> citations within it...maybe that is not correct and so LibreOffice
>> doesn't like it.
>
> I don't think <text:p> can be nested cf.
>
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#__RefHeading__1415138_253892949

OK, good to know.  Looks like <text:reference-mark> or <text:note> might
be the way to go.

>>> Also, the bibliography is not "correct" in the sense that if it was setup
>>> in the right semantic way, it would be gray in LO, like the TOC.
>>
>> Do you know what other markup is required in this case?  It looks like
>> maybe the TOC is gray because it is marked with a "text:protected"
>> attribute, or maybe because it has an associated "OrgIndexSection"
>> style?
>
> It has to be formatted as a bibliography.
>
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#element-text_bibliography

Also useful.  This might take a while for me to figure out, as Pandoc
does not seem to generate this markup when formatting a
bibliography...maybe I'll see if they are willing to work on this
upstream.

Best,
Richard