Re: [O] Emacs-Orgmode Archive search fails

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs-Orgmode Archive search fails
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 14:01:42 -0400

On 04/03/2015 10:11 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:
Charles Millar <address@hidden> writes:

It has been a while since I searched the mailing list archives. Did I
miss an announcement or is the search engine broken?

For the past few days, any search request in the mailing list archives
either yields no result or just one and the same result - "Citations,
continued, etc." /archive/html/ emacs-orgmode/2015-02/msg00028.html
(7,961 bytes)

This occurs on both Debian and Windows 7 machine.

I tried a simple search through Gnus search on the newsgroup ("G G")
and on the web page http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode. Both
succeeded, so whatever it was seems to have been fixed.

My searches on gmane.emacs.emacs succeeded,
In the past, when the search engine failed (and it has failed a couple
of times), a message to LarsI with the details of the failure has been
enough to get things going again (sometimes with a couple of days
delay).
Unfortunately searches on the orgmode list still fail. I will do as you suggest.

Thanks, Nick

Charlie