Re: [O] Best practices to get reminders?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Best practices to get reminders?
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 12:10:58 +0200

On 2015-04-07, at 06:09, Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> At this point I have so much of my life (personal and professional) in
> Org files that yes, checking the Agenda isn't an issue anymore. It's the
> first thing I do in the morning, and the last thing I do before knocking
> off at the end of the day.

I second that, with the exception that I use something else this way (I
cannot tell what on this list;-)), and one of the reminders in
that-other-thing is "check the agenda for today before 12:00 am" (and
I usually do it much earlier).  As soon as I find some time to integrate
this-other-thing with Org-mode, I might as well go the
check-the-agenda-every-hour route.

> If you're someone who restarts Emacs each morning, you could put a call
> to `org-agenda' in your init file. The others have mentioned
> `org-agenda-to-appt', but I find that if you're really using Org to
> manage your time (checking where you are in the midst of longer
> projects, clocking, surveying the week ahead, etc) then you'll want to
> be looking at the Agenda every day.

I used to do that, too, but (1) sometimes I started Emacs when
e.g. making a presentation and having my laptop attached to an overhead
projector and (2) some time ago I almost stopped "restarting Emacs",
I just have it open all the time (well, I /did/ restart it sometimes,
say, once a week or two).

> Eric

Hth,

--