[O] [Feature Request] [ENTER] or [C-Alt ENTER] while on headline skip ov

From: Subhan Michael Tindall
Subject: [O] [Feature Request] [ENTER] or [C-Alt ENTER] while on headline skip over drawers automatically
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 16:16:21 +0000

I use drawers a lot, some of which are set up by hooks when I’m entering headlines (most notably TODO keywords)

Given the new syntax that requires no text between drawers & headlines (if I’m recalling that correctly), I think it would be very usefull to have either [ENTER] (bound to org-return)(C-Alt ENTER is an alternate keybinding possibility) move point to start of line FOLLOWING any drawers, DEADLINE, or SCHEDULE lines, like this:

,** TODO this is a new headline[ENTER]

,<point is now here, potentially breaking syntax>

,:PROPERTIES:

,:MyProps: value

,:END:

,** TODO this is a new headline[ENTER]

,<point is now here, potentially breaking syntax>

,:PROPERTIES:

,:MyProps: value

,:END:

,<point should may be here, maintaining syntax>

Complication:

,** TODO this is a new headline[ENTER]

,:PROPERTIES:

,:MyProps: value

,:END:

,Is this text allowed here under new drawers syntax?

,:TIMELOGS:

,  CLOCK: [2015-04-08 Wed 08:05]--[2015-04-08 Wed 09:18] =>  1:13

,:END:

,<point should may be here, maintaining syntax>

In above scenario, if drawers are allowed to be separated by text, [ENTER] should move point to following first drawer

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you.