Re: [O] [RFC] Org linting library

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Org linting library
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 18:24:54 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> It looks like a great tool.  Especially given the fact that the org format
> still seems to be developing.

Indeed. We can use it as another channel for syntax deprecation.

> Anyway, some very premature notes:
>
> One venue that may worth pursuing is better error messages during export,
> when links do not exist.  E.g. after a link fails to resolve, an org-lint
> buffer is opened to ease tracking down the error.

I think the error message during export is as good as the one provided
by `org-lint', minus the line and the jump.

> Perhaps, org-lint should also check that INCLUDE keywords correctly
> resolves, e.g. whether #section exits in file.org:
>
> #+INCLUDE: "file.org::#section"

Good idea. I implemented it along with a check for SETUPFILE keywords.
Updated file attached.

> Perhaps that would induce nasty recursions, though...

`org-lint' only checks current document, it doesn't enter INCLUDE files,
so there's no danger here.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,