Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:40:10 +0100

On Friday, 24 Apr 2015 at 11:49, Vikas Rawal wrote:
> I am revising a long book manuscript, and would like to mark parts of
> text (not just the headlines) just to remind myself that these need to
> be dealt with.
>
> What could be an the easy way of doing it?

I use inline tasks for this.  If you are exporting to PDF via LaTeX, the
following LaTeX definition for inline tasks is quite useful:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setq org-inlinetask-export-templates
        '((latex "%s\\footnote{%s\\\\ %s}\\marginpar{\\fbox{\\thefootnote}}"
                 '((unless
                       (eq todo "")
                     (format "\\fbox{\\textsc{%s%s}}" todo priority))
                   heading content))))
#+end_src

This uses footnotes to put the task information into the document and
uses a little margin note to indicate that a TODO task is present in the
text.

I've removed the templates for other export targets from this variable
to keep the email short.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.1, Org release_8.3beta-951-g2f58e3