Re: [O] [bug] Leading spaces aren't preserved in a `verse' special block

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] Leading spaces aren't preserved in a `verse' special block
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 12:24:26 +0200

Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden>
writes:

> The HTML rendering is not correct, IMHO.  But, indeed, the spaces are
> well in the HTML generated by Org, but then eaten by the browser...
>
> Not sure what's the solution if one wants the spaces preserved in the
> displayed page...

On my system the spaces are displayed in the browser.  Org-mode version
8.3beta (release_8.3beta-1065-g99609a @ /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)
Produced code from emacs -q:

In a verse,<br  />
&#xa0;&#xa0;&#xa0;indentation should be<br  />
preserved.<br  />

BTW: Is there a reason why org-html-close-tag inserts an extra space at
the closing tag, " />"?

—Rasmus

--
ツ