Re: [O] [bug, org] footnote-action broken with narrowed buffer

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [bug, org] footnote-action broken with narrowed buffer
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 00:11:43 +0200

>> Wouldn't it only find definition in the same file?  If you use a popup
>> indirect buffer narrowed to the footnote-definition in question I don't
>> think these problems can exist. In any case, this would seem similar to
>> the way ob handles code blocks.
>
> Good idea. I didn't thought about using "org-src.el", but, albeit not
> perfect, it goes a long way towards avoiding these problems.
>
> I toyed a bit with that. Now C-' on a (non inline) footnote reference
> should edit it in a dedicated buffer.
>
> Feedback welcome.

I added this to org.texi.

Note, C-c ' will fail in the following example 'cause the fn definition
does not have contents-end.  I started to try fix this but feel free to
beat me to it.  I likely will not have time to look more into it until the
weekend.

foo[fn:1]
* Footnotes

[fn:1]

—Rasmus

--
This is the kind of tedious nonsense up with which I will not put