Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 16:41:06 +0800

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen writes:
>
>> John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hi Eric,
>>>
>>> I added some functions in the attachment. they colorize the comments,
>>> add an org-comment menu to the org-menu, and some functions for pop to
>>> and delete comments from the list mode, and a hydra for commands to
>>> insert comments. Do you want to get this up on github to facilitate
>>> developing it?
>>
>> Oh great! Thanks a lot. We are duplicating effort a bit here (but only a
>> bit, I'd also written display/delete functions for the list buffer), so
>> yes, it would be good to coordinate development.
>>
>> I suppose it depends a bit on where this is going to end up: I'm
>> assuming either org/contrib/lisp, or else as an Elpa package. I don't
>> see much difference, except in terms of accessibility to contributors --
>> I don't have access to the Org repo, but putting it there might get more
>> contributors on balance. As a package only I would have direct access.
>> What do you think?
>
> I think on github you can give others direct access, or respond to pull
> requests. Either way works.

Sure, but even if it's on Github, there's still the question of how we
make it available to users. That will probably influence how we handle
development. If it's in contrib, for instance, it probably just makes
more sense for people to send patches to this list.

I'm copying Nicolas -- Nicolas, is there a process for inclusion in
contrib? Would this be eligible? I'll just stick it in Elpa, otherwise.

Thanks!
Eric