Re: [O] ob-R, problem with try/catch

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] ob-R, problem with try/catch
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 10:35:35 +0200

"Charles C. Berry" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, 26 Apr 2015, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Possible a candidate for the new linting library for org, to mark it
>>> as an invalid argument combination
>>
>> Done. Do you know any other such combinations?
>
> Except for langs emacs-lisp, clojure, ruby, picolisp, and python
> `:results pp' does nothing.
>
> mathematica refers to "pp" but I don't get what it does - it looks
> like "raw" would be a more suitable :results format.
>
> Of course, somebody could add a pretty print routine for another
> language, so maybe avoid hard coding the langs.

Thinking about it, I don't think that the combinations should be defined
in the linting library, but in the language definition (ob-XXX.el), by a
function which returns all tested combinations, i.e. all combinations
which have been tested, including if they work or not. The linting
library could then query these lists and use them.

This would keep the language definition in the ob-XXX.el file and make
it easier to maintain.

Rainer

> I guess this would be 'low' trust?
>

> ==
>

> For inline src block and inline babel call, `:results list' and
> `:results table' are invalid and throw an error in
> `org-babel-insert-result'.
>
> HTH,
>
> Chuck

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)