Re: [O] Converting a Dissertation Template from docx to .org to use for

From: Paul Harper
Subject: Re: [O] Converting a Dissertation Template from docx to .org to use for LaTeX
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 04:18:27 +0700

Thanks for those replies. I basically followed Ken's suggestion. I started with the Kings College London dissertation template and used writer2latex to create a .tex file. Then I gradually built the the Org-File.

 I have ended up with something I can use to write using org-mode with a nice Solarized-Dark theme instead of frying my eyeballs in LibreOffice. The key things are the Table of Contents are in the correct place and I have bibtex working the way I want.

The other thing is in the end I have to convert from the .tex file to a .docx file using pandoc. So I'll have to do some minor edits in LibreOffice anyway because it is not saving certain formating features like double spacing. But that will be a two minute final editing job.

So now I just have to write 500 words a day for the next 30 days and I'll have a first draft! ;)

Regards,

Paul