Re: [O] Inline LaTeX formulae

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Inline LaTeX formulae
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 12:24:39 +0200

Hi Titus,

Titus von der Malsburg <address@hidden> writes:

> Parentheses are punctuation, so the $ in my example should be
> interpreted as math delimiters.  I think whoever wrote the code, simply
> overlooked parentheses when implementing the punctuation part.

I believe the problem is complicated.

In principal you could change the regexp in
org-element-latex-fragment-parser to something like

   "\\(\\s.\\|\\s-\\|\\s)\\|\\s\"\\|\\s_\\)"

You'd only be relying on syntax tables, which I believe is what you are
suggesting.  But this is also dangerous, see e.g. the recent change of
org-string-nw-p which previously relied on "\\S" cf.:

      http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/95473

> This should be fixed.

Patches welcome.  You could try to submit a patch where you add closing
parenthesis characters.

It could even be patches to org.texi!

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
Got mashed potatoes. Ain't got no T-Bone. No T-Bone