[O] Bug: org-toggle-heading breaks with double colon '::' list items.

From: Leo Ufimtsev
Subject: [O] Bug: org-toggle-heading breaks with double colon '::' list items.
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 09:49:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

If I have a list with colons like:

- List a ::
  Cheese
  Bannana
- List b ::
  Pineapples
  Tomatoes

If I then select the entire list and call org-toggle-headings, then I would
*expect* this:

* List a
  Cheese
  Bannana
* List b
  Pineapples
  Tomatoes

But instead the first item is placed on the same line as the heading:
* List a Cheese
  Bannana
* List b Pineapples
  Tomatoes

This is happens only with items that have colons. A workaround is not to use
colons or add a dot after the colons, e.g
- List a :: .
  Cheese

The use case is that I often start making lists, but as things grow turn them
into headings.

I'm on Emacs 25.0.50.4 (~3 weeks old) and my org-mode is from this morning
(8.3beta).

Please advise.

Thank you

Leo