[O] A Microsoftesque detail in org

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: [O] A Microsoftesque detail in org
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 12:35:24 +0300

Greetings.

I was just amazed by the following detail in org. In the example below,
if my cursor is anywhere inside the word "Example", and I press Enter, a
new line will be inserted below, and the cursor will jump to the next
line. The location of the cursor inside the heading line is ignored, and
the heading line will not be broken.

# --------------------------------------------------------------------
* Example
  Some text.

This immediately reminded me of Microsoft products, where the software
tries to be too intelligent, thus making it harder for the user. In this
case, I needed to figure out that Ctrl-o is needed to break the line.

I would suggest that the original interpretation of Enter would not be
messed with. Messing with Alt-Enter and such is fine, but Enter, please
no.

Or?

Jarmo