Re: [O] New Citation syntax on the master branch?

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: [O] New Citation syntax on the master branch?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 00:38:19 +0530

On Wednesday 13 May 2015 04:32 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Vaidheeswaran C <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Sunday 10 May 2015 12:44 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>>
>>> It will land in the trunk once a library using it for Org core is
>>> implemented. I put it in a separate branch so that such a library can be
>>> built, discussed and tested.
>>
>> 1. Do you, as a maintainer, have any specific plans for this library?

1. "New citation syntax" is concerned with ORG SYNTAX

2. oc.el is concerned with EDITING org files.

3. ox-jabref.el (and others) is concerned with DOCUMENT CREATION.

It seems like your plan is to put 1, 2 & 3 ALL TOGETHER in
trunk. i.e., ALL or NONE.

How about making (1) a configurable option -- disabled by default --
and moving it to trunk?  I believe the answer depends MORE on how
"stable" you think the new citation syntax is (in so far as it is
implemented) and LESS on whether the whole ecosystem is in place.

Just checking one last time, before I shut up ...