Re: [O] Capturing, refiling, archiving

From: Titus von der Malsburg
Subject: Re: [O] Capturing, refiling, archiving
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 10:40:57 -0700

On 2015-05-17 Sun 01:13, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Capture and Refile are two very different concepts. In the former, you
> define a static, or a set of static, accurate location that may not
> exist yet. In the latter, you pile up existing locations that you filter
> interactively, depending on the situation.

I understand that.  But in principle it would be possible to use the
same or at least a very similar specification language for targets.  But
nevermind, it’s not exactly important.

> In your example above, it is possible to refile under any "Finished"
> headline by choosing the right path.

You mean I can specify a path by typing it in when prompted by
`org-refile'?  Because the documentation of `org-refile-targets' doesn’t
mention the possibility to specify paths as far as I can see.

> Archiving may indeed lack a way to specify a full path in a document.
> But supporting the full capture template elements doesn't make sense
> either. You cannot archive into a table, an item...

Good point.

  Titus