Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 13:48:38 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> While we have opening and closing tags for formatting (e.g. bold), I
> dislike the above.  It seems like asking for trouble; it would seem one
> could easily loose track and delete one end of the tag and not the other.
> IOW: [@:ID1]... [@:address@hidden@] seems like asking for trouble as I
> could easily delete an opening pair.

We can implement a function in org-annotate.el to remove an annotation.
You don't need to do it by hand.

> But note that I am more interested in an inline noting/todo functionality
> as opposed to annotation functionality.

Inline noting is

    Text[@:address@hidden

  * Annotations

  [@:1:] My note.

I don't know what is a TODO functionality since you suggest to not make
it appear in the agenda.

> Also, for annotation, would it not be annoying, in review session say, to
> have the notes so "far away" from the text?  Perhaps not with the right
> helping tools.

Again, not with proper tooling, e.g, remote editing like footnotes.

Regards,