Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 18:31:20 +0200

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Monday, 18 May 2015 at 15:16, Rasmus wrote:
>> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I don't know what is a TODO functionality since you suggest to not make
>>> it appear in the agenda.
>>
>> E.g. "Sentence about BAR [TODO: add reference to FOO and check BAZ]".  I
>> don't need that in my agenda.
>
> Exactly.  I use inlinetasks a lot for file local TODO items that are not
> meant to appear in my agenda.  They are notes for things I need to do,
> typically, to finish a paper.  Being able to "C-c / t" to find them all
> easily is great.  I would expect the same functionality from any
> replacement.

Would it be bad if I admit I have no idea how to use sparse trees?  The
remind me of Vim, except in Vim i eventually figured out that I could quit
it via :q.

I would probably use occur or a restricted agenda.

I would want inlinetodos in my "global"/usual agenda.

> In terms of format, I also dislike opening and closing tags except for
> short formatting uses.  I would prefer [COMMENT: this is very
> interesting] and [TODO: I need to update this].  Or even [[TODO:...]] to
> be less worried about running into problems with text use of [...].

I think [[TODO:]] is a link...

Rasmus

--
Got mashed potatoes. Ain't got no T-Bone. No T-Bone