Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 19:36:14 +0100

Hi all,

Actually, having pondered this whole annotation and task business while
heading home after work on the train, I think all I would like is a
simple annotation scheme with no need for tasks etc.  We have plenty of
support for tasks with headlines.  What we don't have is simple
annotations.

I use inlinetasks for annotations yet these are clumsy, as we have seen.

What the notation for annotations should be I leave to others,
especially those that might implement something.  However, it should
allow for hiding of annotations while editing an org buffer, it should
be possible to list all annotations (sparse tree functionality), to jump
from one to the next and it should provide the hooks for exporting in
various ways, with customisable formatting.

Just my 2ยข worth.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org
release_8.3beta-1147-g0e5069.dirty