Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 10:14:58 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

>> Then it cannot even replace inlinetasks.
>
> Is that a goal?

It should be.

We don't need another syntax for something that does almost the same
thing as an inlinetask but, yet, isn't one. Inline todo/inlinetasks,
there can only be one.

> I think "totally useless" stretching it.  Two examples.
>
>    [@:1] My sentence on foo address@hidden and something else
>
>    * Annotations
>      [@:1:Nicolas] Remember to refer to bar
>

>      #+TODO: Notes/Nicolas
>      My sentence on foo [Notes/Nicolas: Remember to refer to bar] and
>      something else.
>
> The latter is less precise, but I would still prefer it.  I guess you
> could add references to an endnote for long notes, which would bring it
> closer to killing org-inlinetasks.

I think you are missing my point.

My goal is to be able to /mark/ a very specific part of the document
(ranging from a word to a whole section). Your syntax cannot achieve
that, because you need two markers, one at the beginning and one at the
end of the area you need to mark. This is a dead-end.

Also, I don't want to clutter the document with annotations, hence
moving them to a specific section, while retaining a minimal syntax in
the document.

No matter how much you like it, your syntax isn't general enough for
annotations. This is understandable, since you're after inline TODO, not
annotations.

Regards,