Re: [O] org-mode, tikz and beamer

From: Bernhard Schmitz
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode, tikz and beamer
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 08:19:03 +0000

Hi  Cédric,

If I understand it correctly, you want to include a graphical representation of
you headlines into you beamer file, created via tikz/pgf.
That sounds quite similar to what I'm doing at the moment, only I create gantt
charts instead of mind maps.
As far as I can tell, the best possibility to do that inside of emacs, is to
use custom dynamic blocks.
http://orgmode.org/manual/Dynamic-blocks.html
Simply create your own org-dblock-write:... function that parses the file and
creates the tikz output you want.
You can have a look at org-dblock-write:clocktable and
org-dblock-write:columnview for inspiration.
I think using org-element-parse-buffer and org-element-map should get you what
you need.

You can also have a look at my gantt chart creation here:
https://github.com/HeyFlash/emacs-stuff/tree/master/experiments
(One el file and one org file for testing)
You can probably ignore most of the file, as you don't need the complex time
calculations I do.
Keep in mind that this is wip and I'm not an experienced elisp / org person, so
if anyone has better suggestions, listen to them.

I will be without internet from later today until the middle of next week, so
if you have any questions I will not be responding until then.

Regards,
Bernhard