Re: [O] How to elegantly and effectively quote org fragments?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] How to elegantly and effectively quote org fragments?
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 21:59:51 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Ah, thank you.  If I understand correctly, though, once one does that
> (in an SRC org block, say) one looses the ability to edit the block as
> org code using org-edit-special (C-c ').

You can, in development version.

> I understand that the indentation is virtual; it is just that I would
> (ideally) expect for the quoted example to visually look the same as
> it does in an org buffer.

That's not possible.

> OK.  I had missed this footnote.  I will live with this, but am still
> surprised by this fact -- the SRC org block looks ugly to me.  When we
> enter [[xx]] (say) the brackets become invisible, so I had assumed
> that a similar mechanism could exist here; I guess there are
> advantages to the present situation that I do not see...

I am not sure about what situation you're talking about, fontification
or escaping mechanism.

About the latter, the idea was to make it as little intrusive as
possible. In most languages, you never need to escape anything. Of
course, Org is an exception since many lines could conflict with
enclosing document.

Regards,