[O] org-clock-persistence-insinuate not working anymore (25.0.5)

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: [O] org-clock-persistence-insinuate not working anymore (25.0.5)
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 16:08:44 -0400

I've been using the following code for several months to make it easy to clock
back in to my frequent tasks as I track my time usage:

(org-clock-persistence-insinuate)
(setq org-clock-persist t)

A few days ago I updated emacs to the dev master and my clock is no longer
persisting; the list of recent tasks is perpetually "nil". Any ideas on how to
fix this, or what happened?