Re: [O] Treat custom environment as verbatim on export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Treat custom environment as verbatim on export
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 17:29:31 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> It's a special block, so e.g. org-latex-special-block.  But contents is
> already transcoded by the time in arrives to e.g. org-latex-special-block.
> To the extend this should be fixed, one way would be to allow a raw option
> to special blocks (also needed for e.g. #+{begin,end}_equation) and have
> babel insert it as needed.  I don't know how easy this is.

I don't think a ":raw" option for special blocks is worth implementing.

There are two types or "raw" contents: "protected raw" (i.e., verbatim
contents) and "export-specific raw" (i.e., target language code). For
the former, we already have example blocks (or fixed-width areas) and
for the latter, export blocks.

A third category exists, "multi-language raw", in which, I think, only
the most trivial cases (those you never really need in practice) would
fit.

The OP wants special "protected raw" for LaTeX back-end. We could
provide a special attribute for this, e.g.,

  #+ATTR_LATEX: :environment "my-verbatim"
  #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
  ... stuff...
  #+END_EXAMPLE

But this is really only a shortcut for