Re: [O] ox-texinfo: Link to dedicated to target doesn't work

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] ox-texinfo: Link to dedicated to target doesn't work
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 10:19:28 +0200

Vaidheeswaran C <address@hidden> writes:

> A canonical DESCRIPTION is NOT available.  (YET) The ANCHOR should
> still get through to the `texi' file, right?

We can replace a silly behaviour with another silly one, yes. But is
there any non-silly one?

> This is the output I see in other backends (that support anchors).
>
>   HTML:

>       Jump to <a href="#orgtarget1">No description for this link</a>.

The example above is a bit misleading because a description is not
mandatory. In your situation, Option "num:t" would be sufficient to
produce something.

>   LaTeX:
>
>       Jump to \ref{orgtarget1}.

If you look at it, this will not appear in the (PDF) output as there's
nothing to refer to, much like what happens in ox-texinfo.

In any case, what exactly do you suggest in this situation, i.e., what
should be displayed?

Regards,