Re: [O] ob-sed

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] ob-sed
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 22:08:59 -0400

Bjarte Johansen <address@hidden> writes:

>> On 30 May 2015, at 14:32, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Bjarte Johansen <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I think I have addressed all of your comments except I didn’t
>>> understand the comment about the spaces. Are there two spaces extra or
>>> do you want me to introduce two spaces somewhere?
>>
>> As Suvayu Ali pointed out, sentences in comments and docstrings are
>> expected to be separated by two spaces (american english convention).
> I was not aware of this convention. I also don’t really understand it, but I
> will change it.

It dates from the typewriter era (as does the convention of "double
spacing"). In that context, it makes the visual detection of the end of
the sentence easier. But the real reason to follow it now is that the
emacs sentence commands use the convention to determine what a sentence
is.  See

        (info "(emacs) sentences")

Nick