Re: [O] records/diary/journal?

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] records/diary/journal?
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 08:11:19 -0400

On 5/30/15 11:42 AM, Samuel W. Flint wrote:
Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:

Over time, I keep finding more and more uses for org-mode. It's now my
main tool for keeping an agenda/todo list, and for writing informal
documents including images, GraphViz diagrams, etc. And I still
haven't scratched the surface.

Years ago, I used records-mode as a quick way to keep notes about what
I did each day, so I could refer to them later. I haven't found an
org-mode substitute for that. Is there some feature of combination of
features that let's me enter notes arranged by date, create links to
earlier notes referencing the same terms, etc.?
Capture!  This is what it's meant for!  I'd use the Date-tree style
templates.  And don't forget about tags/categories for searching.

Thank you, Samuel. I'll look into it further.

-pd

--
----
Peter Davis