Re: [O] Quick question

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] Quick question
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 18:02:27 +0200

Oh ... thanks: `org-id-find' is perfect!

I'm playing with
https://github.com/bateast/google-calendar
which allows to fetch your google calendars in quite a robust way (or so it seems).
The next step for me is to allow to sync google calendar entries even after they have been refiled
(hence the need to find them by their id)
I'm not that skillful with the internals of org-mode and a bit lost in all the functions.
Maybe someone will beat me in pushing this google-calendar thing further ;-)

Fabrice

Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm doing a little bit of elisp and I was wondering
> what is the easiest way to find an element (say a header)
> with a given id among the list of all agenda files?
> I know I can use org-element-map, but is there
> a faster or easier way ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fabrice

Do you mean searching for an actual header ID property? That's provided
for with `org-id-find' and `org-id-goto'. Or did you mean some other
kind of id?

Eric

--
Fabrice Popineau