Re: [O] Testers / Feedback wanted: Gantt charts via org-gantt.el

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Testers / Feedback wanted: Gantt charts via org-gantt.el
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 13:16:52 +0200

* Bernhard Schmitz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi!

> my org-gantt.el is now in a usable state. It creates gantt charts
> via pgfgantt directly from headlines in org mode, using deadlines,
> schedules, effort estimates and (optionally) clocked time.

I do like your approach.

Although I am not using GANTT charts at the moment, I'd considering
your tool if it provides me a decent visualization of my heading
state.

And accomplishing this, I personally would like to see that your
method takes org-depend into consideration. Namely the properties
BLOCKER and TRIGGER:(NEXT|TODO|STARTED). I plan my projects using
mostly BLOCKER and TRIGGER:NEXT to express dependencies.

I personally am using either SCHEDULED or DEADLINE (hardly) on
headings.

Just my 2 cents ...

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github