Re: [O] Problems Setting Properties

From: Edward Guyatt
Subject: Re: [O] Problems Setting Properties
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 13:21:06 +0100

Hi,

I've now got 8.3-BETA, as org-version confirms. I uninstalled the org-mode debian package and the ELPA package I tried, but org-mode was still installed from the Emacs debian package by the time I used git to get the 8.3-BETA. Hoping this won't cause any chaos?

Now when I try and edit properties with C-c C-x p , I'm being told that there's a malformed drawer at such and such a point and given an option to repair it. I'm saying 'y' to 'repair?'. It seems that the 'repair' being carried out is to put an empty drawer before the logbook and leave the original properties drawer after the logbook. Maybe I'm supposed to have drawers in a certain position?

After repairing, I'm getting the same message I got when finding the file 'Symbol's function definition is void: org-element-at-point' and it returns to the place where I said C-c C-x p after making the modification elsewhere. If I say 'n' to 'repair?', it just goes to the next apparently malformed drawer.

Hope I've provided the needed information.

Thanks very much,

Ed