Re: [O] org-preview-latex-fragment on Retina display?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] org-preview-latex-fragment on Retina display?
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 08:41:25 +0100

On Friday, 29 May 2015 at 21:45, Adam Sneller wrote:
> Recently, I upgraded to a macbook pro with retina display, and now all
> my latex previews in org-mode are... fuzzy. These are generated with
> org-preview-latex-fragment command, using dvipng.
>
> Is there a setting I can change to up-res these? Maybe something in org.el?

Maybe have a look at

,----[ C-h v org-format-latex-options RET ]
| org-format-latex-options is a variable defined in `org.el'.
| Its value is (:foreground default :background default :scale 1.0
:html-foreground "Black" :html-background "Transparent" :html-scale 1.0
:matchers
|              ("begin" "$1" "$" "$$" "\\(" "\\["))
|

| Documentation:
| Options for creating images from LaTeX fragments.
| This is a property list with the following properties:
| :foreground  the foreground color for images embedded in Emacs, e.g. "Black".
|              `default' means use the foreground of the default face.
|              `auto' means use the foreground from the text face.
| :background  the background color, or "Transparent".
|              `default' means use the background of the default face.
|              `auto' means use the background from the text face.
| :scale       a scaling factor for the size of the images, to get more pixels
| :html-foreground, :html-background, :html-scale
|              the same numbers for HTML export.
| :matchers    a list indicating which matchers should be used to
|              find LaTeX fragments.  Valid members of this list are:
|              "begin" find environments
|              "$1"    find single characters surrounded by $.$
|              "$"     find math expressions surrounded by $...$
|              "$$"    find math expressions surrounded by $$....$$
|              "\("    find math expressions surrounded by \(...\)
|              "\["    find math expressions surrounded by \[...\]
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| [back]
`----

The :scale option may be what you want.  I have used this in the past
with a value of 3 for creating org based slides for presentations with
LaTeX fragments.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.1, Org release_8.3beta-1195-g1a7364