Re: [O] orgmode to markdown

From: flow
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode to markdown
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 11:34:26 +0200

Hello Nicolas

El lun, 01-06-2015 a las 00:12 +0200, Nicolas Goaziou escribió:
> Hello,
>
> flow <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I would like to ask you about how org-mode exports title and headlines
> > to markdow
> >
> > org-mode to markdown doesn't export title as md heading one # and
> > org-mode heading one as heading one but heading two
> >
> > I think it should work as org-mode to html:
> >
> >     org-mode title to md heading one #
> >     org-mode heading one * to md heading two (##)
> >
> > What do you think about it?
>
> "ox-md" supports Setext-type headlines, which are limited to 2 levels.
> Using a title as the first level leaves only one level for regular
> headlines.

I guessed setext support 6 levels so I don't know why ox-md supprot just
2 levels although my exporter seems to support 3 levels. Why? That's a
good question but not what I wanted to know. What I want -and I would
like to know whay ox-md doesn't- is to export org as org-mode to html
does:

- The title becomes h1, so the org title becomes # or ===, I don't mind
- The * becomes h2, so the org * becomes ## or ----
- The ** becomes h3, so the org ** becomes ### (in case it supports 3
leveles)
- etc.

What do you think about it?

> Also, it doesn't solve the problem of author, date and email, which do
> not appear either in the output. I think they are part of the same
> problem: (vanilla) markdown has no real support for meta-data.

I wasn't considering that it is very interesting though. However in the
scenarios I would like to use widely orgmode to markdown it is not
necessary metadata.

> Regards,

Best

--
"La tradición de los oprimidos nos enseña que la regla es el «estado de
excepción» en el que vivimos." Walter Benjamin, Tesis de Filosofía de la