Re: [O] Links in #+caption: lines

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Links in #+caption: lines
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 22:26:56 +0200

Hi,

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> I don't know if it is an effect of 37d2a2d.

I just tested it against 50a0e712cceeef02c0d6a7c41b619b308ea1b15c.
37d2a2d seems critical here.

> I'm also seeing a different background for captions, similar to the
> background the emacs 24 starter kit gives me for #+begin_src and
> #+end_src lines.

On my computer with angry fruit colors, captions are formatted as

              #+caption:     caption text
AFC color     Red            Gray
Face          org-meta-line  org-block

I don't know starter kit.  But the Leuven theme changes background colors
for various parts of Org like this:

https://github.com/fniessen/emacs-leuven-theme/blob/master/images/agenda-and-task-list.png

Is that your theme?

> I use links for citations, which frequently appear in captions when I
> specify the source of data, etc.  The paper I'm working on now looks a
> bit ungainly in the Org mode buffer due to the literal links in captions
> and the weird backgrounds.

For the latter try something like: (set-face-background 'org-block nil)

> If it is necessary to choose between literal links in macros or
> descriptive links in captions, perhaps there could be a switch for users
> like you and me who use one but not the other?

In the patch I guess this is the passage you disagree with:

+          ((equal dc1 "+caption:")
+           (org-remove-flyspell-overlays-in (match-end 2) (match-end 0))
+           (remove-text-properties (match-beginning 0) (match-end 0)
+                                   '(display t invisible t intangible t))
+           (add-text-properties (match-beginning 1) (match-end 3)
+                                '(font-lock-fontified t face org-meta-line))
+           (add-text-properties (match-beginning 6) (+ (match-end 6) 1)
+                                '(font-lock-fontified t face org-block)))

Perhaps it is possible to let normal fontification rule in region six
above?

IMO hidden link (== no color highlight and not literal) is no good.

Rasmus

--
One thing that is clear: it's all down hill from here