Re: [O] expand yasnippet or abbriv text inside a capture

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] expand yasnippet or abbriv text inside a capture
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 12:22:27 -0400

Xebar Saram <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok so i made some progress here. i think i can just use the org capture
> itself to suit my needs. but as i dont know elisp i got
> stuck with this:
>
>   (setq org-capture-templates
>         (quote (
> ("f" "food" entry (file+headline "/home/zeltak/org/files/agenda/food.org"
> "Inbox")
>  "* Cook %? %^g
>    :PROPERTIES:
>    :Time:
>    :Rating:
>    :Source:
>    :Ammount:
>    :Fav:
>    :Type:
>    :ID:
>    :END:
>
> ** HEADER 2
> ** HEADER 3 " )
>
> when i add the subheaders ** HEADER 2 and ** HEADER 3 i can eval the section
> anymore.

If this is your complete setting for org-capture-templates, you are
missing closing parens (three of them if I'm counting correctly). If you
have additional entries, just post the whole (setq org-capture-templates ... )
form: somebody will be able to correct it for you.

> Do i need to escape the * somehow? i just want 2 same level subheadrs below
> the main capture header/
> whats the best way to do this?

The above worked for me, so I assume it is just a paren syntax error.

Nick