Re: [O] Cannot get capture to work on Emacs 24.3.1 - Org itself does wor

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] Cannot get capture to work on Emacs 24.3.1 - Org itself does work
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 22:14:24 +0100

Hello George,

George Taylor writes:

> I cannot get Capture to work.

> using Org mode.
> I cannot get Capture to work. I have edited my .emacs file, but I am getting
> an error when starting emacs, and C-c c does not work.
>
> Detail:
> I have installed
>
> 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN on my laptop running
> Windows XP (Japanese).
>
> Org-mode works.
>
> I edited my .emacs file per
> .../manual/Setting-up-capture.html#Setting-up-capture
> by adding

try this here, before the setq for org-default-notes-file below:

(setq org-directory "c:/home/yadda/yadda")

or if you have already started emacs you can put the cursor after the
last bracket and hold down Ctl and press x then e to evaluate it.  Then
do the same for the line below that sets org-default-notes-file.  You
can check if the variable has been set properly by pressing Ctl-h v
then typing org-directory.

Myles