Re: [O] Problem with R source blocks

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with R source blocks
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 11:55:08 -1000

Hi Chuck,

"Charles C. Berry" <address@hidden> writes:

> The error messages are coming from R. cbind will say:
>
> : Error in data.frame(..., check.names = FALSE) :
> :   arguments imply differing number of rows: 2, 3

I think the problem is in ggplot2, rather than my for loop:

,---------------------------------------------------------------------------
| [1] "ERROR : arguments imply differing number of rows: 76, 69"
| Warning messages:
| 1: In loop_apply(n, do.ply) :
|   Removed 3 rows containing missing values (position_stack).
| 2: In loop_apply(n, do.ply) :
|   Removed 1 rows containing missing values (position_stack).
| 3: In loop_apply(n, do.ply) :
|   Removed 3 rows containing missing values (position_stack).
| null device
|           1
| > [1] "org_babel_R_eoe"
| > summary(bcal.df$label)
| 50-50-17-01088     Hapaiali`i          KAL-1        Makolea          KH2-2
|            100             60             82             69             72
|         KAL-26         KAL-27          KHO-1          KOL-2        MKI-122
|             79             72             65             63             54
|        MKI-123        MKI-124        MKI-125          KH1-3         KAL-24
|             62             69             65             65             57
|           Cook
|             41
`---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that the warnings removed 7 rows, which is the difference pointed
out by the error.

I don't know what position_stack might be, but it doesn't map directly
to the data frame I've constructed, which lacks an entry with 76 rows.

I'm guessing this brouhaha has to do with facet_wrap.

In any case, Org Babel seems to be behaving correctly.

I've had this code around for years and have run it without problem many
hundreds of times.

Is ess a potential source of the problem?  I upgraded that recently.

Thanks for your help,
Tom
--
Thomas S. Dye