Re: [O] Why navigating in Org mode is so slow in overview mode?

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: [O] Why navigating in Org mode is so slow in overview mode?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 14:12:55 +0200

Hi Nicolas,
* Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> [17. Jun. 2015]:
> Hello,
>
> Q <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I am view this file
>> http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.org
>>
>> It's a prettey long document, when it all folded up, navigating to previous
>> line and next line takes about 2 seconds. When the sub heading is shown,
>> it's more responsive. Is this a bug?
>
> I don't know. What Org version are you using? Could you use a profiler
> and report results?

I thought this is a known problem which gets worse with the
amount of hidden text.  The workaround is to use a
„#+STARTUP: showeverything“ directive.  I use this in order to
make a longish org file with many clocking lines in drawers
usable.

It would be great if this could be fixed.

I would like to help but need help myself on how to produce
profiler reports.  My org mode version is

8.3beta (release_8.3beta-1228-gd1f9aa @ /home/grfz/src/org-mode/lisp/)

but I have this problem since months or years.

Regards, Gregor