Re: [O] org version numbers in file - WAS: Tangling takes long - profili

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] org version numbers in file - WAS: Tangling takes long - profiling and calling R
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 10:45:45 +0200

Detlef Steuer <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:25:57 +0200
> schrieb Rainer M Krug <address@hidden>:
>
>> In the spirit of reproducibility, I would at least suggest to
>> introduce a function which inserts an argument
>>
>> #+ORG_FILE_VERSION: TheActualOrgVersionProbablyWithGitHash
>>
>> if it does not exist, and if it exist, updates it to the actual
>> version?
>

> Wouldn´t something like
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports results
> (org-version)
> #+END_SRC
>
> do it, when needed?

Thanks - I will use this for now.

But there are two problems with it:

1) it has a lot of information in it which is not actually relevant -
but one could definitely filter it out with some regexp stuff (although
not me - regexp are to me like magic - if they work: unbelievable - if
they don't: what are all these strange characters?)

,----
| Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-1209-gc532ff @
/Users/rainerkrug/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/)
`----

2) most importantly, I think this should be added automatically into the
org file as #+ORG_FILE_VERSION: so that one can count on it to be there.

Cheers,

Rainer

> Regards
> Detlef