Re: [O] Testers / Feedback wanted: Gantt charts via org-gantt.el

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Testers / Feedback wanted: Gantt charts via org-gantt.el
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:04:15 +0100

On Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 12:46, Bernhard Schmitz wrote:
> Hi Karl, hi Eric,
>
> I know it has been a while. I think every suggestion has been
> implemented by now, except for linking independent headlines.
> I wanted to ask for your input again, as I'm still not sure how to
> handle this, and both of your suggestions seemed to fall into the same
> category for me.
>
> * Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> The only comments I have at the moment is that it is missing support for
>> milestones and all of my GANTT charts have such and that I would like to
>> be able to link tasks across headlines (i.e. groups).  Can I suggest a
>>:milestone: tag or MILESTONE property for the former and a LINKED-TO or
>> similar for the latter?
>
> Should this link only be a graphical link, or should the start time of
> the second headline be determined by the end time of the first (as it
> is done with ordered headlines)? Or can what you have in mind be
> expressed by org-depend (see below)?

Assuming you are referring to the second of my suggestions (linking
across headlines).  If so, I am not sure about org-depend as I have
never used it.  Does it allow linking across headlines or only within a
sub-tree?  In any case, it would be nice if the start time would be
dependent on the end time of the "from" link, but only if a start time
were not specified explicitly?

thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-1231-ga0a883