Re: [O] more helm-bibtex/org-ref questions

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] more helm-bibtex/org-ref questions
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 16:58:19 -0400

You could have multiple file fields I suppose, and adapt [1] to give you
a choice of which one to open.

Personally, I have one pdf per bibtex entry, named by the key of the
entry, in a directory called bibtex-pdfs somewhere defined by
org-ref-pdf-directory. There are ~1300 pdfs in there now. I always
access them through helm bibtex.

admittedly, I don't have the SI or other stuff around usually. I don't
use bibtex to keep track of the directories where I write manuscripts
either.

You could always make links to these other things in the associated
notes entry. or put org-links in a bibtex field, and then you can open
them with C-c o (if you setup links to work everywhere). That way,
opening the pdf is easy, and opening the other things is just opening
the entry and running the link open command.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F