Re: [O] ox-odt roundtrip editing?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] ox-odt roundtrip editing?
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 13:54:53 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> I'm writing a manuscript for a publisher. The process looks like:
>
> - I write a chapter in org mode, export it to odt
>
> - I apply the styles the publisher wants to use with a libreoffice
>   macro. This isn't particularily efficient, but I failed at modifying
>   ox-odt to use custom templates.
>
> - I get back comments on the chapter from the publisher, that use the
>   libreoffice annotation feature. Here I basically can't use org-mode
>   anymore.
>
> Has someone attempted doing roundtrip editing ith libreoffice and org?
> That is, convert the odt file back to org, including the annotations,
> and edit fro there?

There is no such functionality in Org.

Why not send ox-ascii output whilst editing.  Tell them to just edit and
use ediff when you get it back.  It would still require manual work to
adapt the notes.  But I'd guess that's always the case.

Presumably, you could also use ox-org to get a cleaner version of your
file that you could send.

Cheers,
Rasmus

--