[O] markdown -like syntax for html classes?

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] markdown -like syntax for html classes?
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 19:16:41 -0400

I have just been learning a very little bit about markdown, and love this syntax from markdown extra:

## Le Site ##    {.main .shine #the-site lang=fr}

The curly braces contain html attributes which are applied to the current html object
(in this case, an <h2>).

Does org support a similarly convenient shorthand? To me this feels much easier than
 #+ATTR+HTML:, though maybe it's just a personal preference.

thx,
matt